c and c plus plus programming projects
Benefits of C
- As a middle level language, C combines the features of both high level and low level languages. It can be used for low-level programming, such as scripting for drivers and kernels and it also supports functions of high level programming languages, such as scripting for software applications etc.
- C is a structured programming language which allows a complex program to be broken into simpler programs called functions. It also allows free movement of data across these functions.
- C language is case-sensitive.
- C is highly portable and is used for scripting system applications which form a major part of Windows, UNIX and Linux operating system.
- C is a general purpose programming language and can efficiently work on enterprise applications, games, graphics, and applications requiring calculations.
- C language has a rich library which provides a number of built-in functions. It also offers dynamic memory allocation.
History of C++
The origin of C++ dates back to 1979 when Bjarne Stroustrup, also an employee of Bell AT &T, started working on language C with classes. He borrowed desirable features from many other languages like Simula, Ada, ML, CLU and ALGOL 68. Thus, in addition to features of C language, C++ also included classes, strong type checking, default function argument and basic inheritance. Till 1983, it was called C with classes, and in 1983 it was named C++. During 1998, a joint ANSI-ISO committee released the specification for C++ language standards.
In mid-2011, C++11, a new C++ standard was released. It was considerably influenced from the Boost library project and many of the new modules were sourced directly from the corresponding Boost libraries. It also added other new features including a comprehensive randomization library, regular expression support , a new C++ time library, a standard threading library, atomics support, auto keyword, improved support for unions and array-initialization lists, new templates and container classes. C++14, released in December 2014, included smaller improvements and bug fixes over C++11.
Benefits of C++
- C++ is a highly portable language and is often the language of choice for multi-device, multi-platform app development.
- C++ is an object-oriented programming language and includes classes, inheritance, polymorphism, data abstraction and encapsulation.
- C++ has a rich function library.
- C++ allows exception handling, and function overloading which are not possible in C.
- C++ is a powerful, efficient and fast language. It finds a wide range of applications – from GUI applications to 3D graphics for games to real-time mathematical simulations.
Software development in C and C++ continues to offer benefits for enterprises around the world, based on their business objectives. As updating of the languages continues, the range of applications that these languages can create is likely to grow as well.